PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Four children and a teacher remain hospitalized a day after a bus carrying dozens of Philadelphia eighth-graders to Washington, D.C., for a field trip overturned in Maryland.
The School District of Philadelphia says one child was released from the hospital Tuesday morning.
Philadelphia School District Spokesman Lee Whack says the hospitalized teacher is Brittany Jacobs, a special education teacher at Charles W. Henry School.
University of Maryland Medical System spokesman Michael Schwartzberg says Jacobs is in critical condition.
The bus carrying 26 children, three chaperones and the driver overturned at least once Monday on Interstate 95 in northeastern Maryland, near Havre de Grace (HAV’-ur dih GRAYS).
Police say a car that tried to pass the bus clipped it.
The names and conditions of the four children haven’t been released.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood