Police in Tempe said an officer and a suspect were taken to a hospital Tuesday morning after a shooting in a residential neighborhood.
The officer’s wounds weren’t life threatening, the department said. There was no word on the suspect’s condition or the reason police approached him near Rural Road between Broadway Road and Southern Avenue.
No other details were immediately available.
- Senate approves $716B defense bill named after Sen. John McCain
- College student paralyzed by rare disorder in Spain is back in Arizona
- Under hot Arizona sun, any metal can become a burn risk for kids
- More registered Democrats than Republicans in Arizona’s 1st district
- Poll: Three-quarters of AZ Republican voters against marijuana legalization