NEW YORK (AP) — An old-fashioned cocktail bar tucked away in New York City’s Grand Central Terminal is set to reopen this week — with two additional bars and the end of its secretive nature.
The Campbell Apartment, once the private office of millionaire railroad executive John Williams Campbell, will reopen on Wednesday as the Campbell Bar with a large awning added outside on Vanderbilt Avenue to announce its presence.
Scott Gerber, chief executive of the Gerber Group, tells the New York Times (http://nyti.ms/2qLBoRz ) that he wanted to end the semi-secret nature of the old Campbell Apartment in their redesign. The bar closed last July for renovations after the Gerber Group won ownership of the lease.
The bar no longer has a dress code, and the owners have installed air conditioning and enhanced lighting.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- GOP senator defends health bill against Kimmel’s attacks
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump