National Chocolate Chip Day perfect excuse to bake up some memories
May 15, 2017, 10:32 AM | Updated: 11:26 am
(KTAR News Photos/Pamela Hughes)
Happy National Chocolate Chip Day!
Nothing conjures up childhood memories such as a warm chocolate chip cookie and a cold glass of milk.
I loved making homemade cookies with my mom when I was little. My mom is an amazing baker, but her favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe came from her best friend, Pat Crawford.
As you can see, this recipe is used a lot and loved a lot! Don’t worry, I typed it out for you below so you can use it too.
I cherish those memories I made in the kitchen with my mom. I’m working on creating some of those same memories with my daughter.
So on Monday, grab the mixer, some chocolate chips and make yourself some delicious homemade cookies. National Chocolate Chip Day is a great excuse to make some tasty treats along with some memories.
Pat’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firm-packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat sugars, vanilla and shortening together until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients. Blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and, if desired, nuts.
- Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees about eight minutes.