RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia say two women were killed and a man was seriously wounded in an early morning shooting on an interstate.
Virginia State Police say a car carrying seven people was traveling northbound early Sunday on Interstate 95 in Richmond when another car pulled along the driver’s side and fired shots.
Police say 23-year-old Tanna D. Gardner of Richmond died at the scene and 26-year-old Sharayne Danielle Nichole Holland of Manassas died later at a hospital. Police say a male passenger was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police say no one else in the car was hurt.
Police are calling the shooting a “targeted incident.” They’re urging anyone with information about the shooting to contact authorities.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights