FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A 14-year-old physics major has become the youngest person ever to graduate from Texas Christian University.
Carson Huey-You was among more than 2,000 students getting degrees Saturday at the Fort Worth school founded in 1873. He started at TCU in 2013 when he was 11. He also has minors in Chinese and math.
Huey-You tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (http://bit.ly/2pyVvlD ) his favorite thing about college has been getting to learn things he never thought about, things he never knew existed and things he might not even think about thinking about. He also says he’s learned how to deal with “some real hard classes” and get over the disappointment of a poor score on a test.
The self-described “normal dude” wants to work on getting graduate degrees in quantum mechanics.
Information from: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, http://www.star-telegram.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood