BAY MINETTE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a man has died after being shot by a sheriff’s deputy on Interstate 10 in south Alabama.
Authorities say 35-year-old Jonathan Victor, of Metairie, Louisiana, died at a medical center early Saturday, hours after Friday’s shooting about 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the Florida line.
Joseph Dejoie, of Pensacola, Florida, tells the local news outlet Al.com (http://bit.ly/2qDSP6o) that he saw a car in a ditch Friday afternoon near a fire truck, an ambulance and several sheriff’s units. He told AL.com he then saw a man get out of the car with something in his hand. He then reported he heard four or five gunshots.
The sheriff’s office hasn’t released any details of the shooting or the races of those involved.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump