CARLISLE, Pa. (AP) — An attorney who helped represent former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky at his child sex abuse trial will be resentenced for embezzling $767,000 from his clients because a sentencing judge made a math error.
The Superior Court ruled Thursday that the error resulted in a 5½- to 18-year term for Karl Rominger (ROH’-mihn-jur) — a year longer than Rominger should have received once all the terms were added together. The court says, “We cannot uncover where the additional 12-month prison term was imposed.”
As a result, the judge who sentenced Rominger in Cumberland County eight months ago must resentence him. A date for that hasn’t been scheduled.
The order doesn’t affect a separate 20-month federal prison sentence against Rominger for federal income tax evasion imposed in October.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action