PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The University of Pittsburgh rowing team says wallets, laptops and uniforms were among items stolen from team vans as they were preparing for a big race in Philadelphia.
The team says the vans were broken into Thursday on a road running along Philadelphia’s Schuylkill (SKOOL’-kil) River, where the Dad Vail Regatta was getting underway Friday.
Team president Anthony Ascoli tells Pittsburgh TV station WTAE that some members were in tears over the thefts.
But a post on the team’s Facebook page said they were trying to stay focused on the race.
Police are investigating.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood