Part of northbound Interstate 17 in Phoenix to be closed during May 12 weekend
May 12, 2017, 4:46 AM
PHOENIX — A portion of the northbound Interstate 17 in Phoenix will be shut down during the weekend of May 12 for pavement repairs.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, the I-17 will be closed between Glendale and Dunlap avenues in Phoenix, starting at 10 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday.
The freeway will be closed to allow crews to add a new layer of “smooth, durable rubberized asphalt,” the department said in a press release.
Northern and Dunlap avenues will also be narrowed to one direction in each direction at the I-17. Officials suggest drivers take alternate routes, including Bethany Home Road or Peoria Avenue.
Here are the other freeways that will be closed or restricted during the weekend of May 12.
• Southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound Interstate 10 in West Valley will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work.
• Southbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Seventh Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday for city of Phoenix waterline project.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to three lanes overnight between 67th and 79th avenues from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for temporary barrier-wall installation.
• Interstate 10 off-ramps at 43rd Avenue will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 p.m. Sunday for traffic-signal maintenance. 43rd Avenue also closed in both directions between McDowell Road and Van Buren Street (no I-10 access).
• US 60 left lanes will be closed in both directions between Rural Road and Loop 101 from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday for median wall repairs.