Main Street Minute: Afternoon job fair set in West Valley
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than 20 employers are taking part in a job fair Thursday in the West Valley. The event runs from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. at Avondale City Hall on Avondale Boulevard near Van Buren Street.
• May is National Stroke Awareness Month and Iasis Healthcare is in prevention mode. The clinic in downtown Phoenix is offering free blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index and medication checks on Thursday. The event runs from 9 a.m. until noon at Talking Stick Resort Arena’s lot at Third and Jackson streets.
• The Goodyear Police Department has received a $47,000 grant from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety to buy an unmarked SUV to help in DUI enforcement.
- Construction jobs rise by 10 percent year-over-year in Phoenix
- Arizona among states with highest employment growth, report finds
- Amazon adds to Phoenix-area presence, moving 130 jobs from Seattle
- Arizona among states in US with highest GDP growth
- Amazon to open new facility in Tucson, creating over 1,500 jobs