Main Street Minute: Afternoon job fair set in West Valley
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than 20 employers are taking part in a job fair Thursday in the West Valley. The event runs from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. at Avondale City Hall on Avondale Boulevard near Van Buren Street.
• May is National Stroke Awareness Month and Iasis Healthcare is in prevention mode. The clinic in downtown Phoenix is offering free blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index and medication checks on Thursday. The event runs from 9 a.m. until noon at Talking Stick Resort Arena’s lot at Third and Jackson streets.
• The Goodyear Police Department has received a $47,000 grant from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety to buy an unmarked SUV to help in DUI enforcement.
- Phoenix-area group awarded more than $800K for job assistance program
- Phoenix-area preteens treated after eating edible marijuana at school
- Main Street Minute: Moms’ support service moves to Gilbert
- Main Street Minute: Restaurant jobs are available at Phoenix airport
- Walmart boosts starting pay to $11 an hour, offers bonuses