Road sweeper rollover ties up traffic on westbound Interstate 10 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A rollover wreck on a heavily traveled Phoenix freeway backed up traffic in both directions Thursday morning.
A road sweeper crashed on westbound Interstate 10 near 43rd Avenue, blocking two lanes. Eastbound traffic also slowed to a crawl, with drivers hitting the brakes to watch crews take down a section of median wall so a crane could be brought in to move the sweeper.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said traffic was affected between 35th and 51st avenues. Drivers were able to squeeze past the wreckage.
No other details were immediately available for the 6 a.m. accident.
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- After deadly Florida shooting, what is Arizona doing about gun control?
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver