THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Streaming service Netflix says it will hire 400 staff for its new Amsterdam-based European customer service headquarters and plans to announce at least six new original European projects before the end of 2017.
Netflix said Thursday that the first new series, “Dogs of Berlin,” will be written, produced and shot in Germany and will launch in 2018. The second is a French production, “Osmosis,” expected to begin production in 2018.
The company says that more than 400 people will work at its new Amsterdam customer service hub by the end of 2018, serving 11 countries in Europe.
Netflix co-founder and CEO Reed Hastings says in a statement that Europe “is a creative center for great storytelling that resonates around the world and we continue to invest in European content.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco