NEW YORK (AP) — Four 30-foot trees have been cut down at a Trump Organization-run golf course in New York City, and police are searching for the vandals.
The Daily News (http://nydn.us/2qX1YXF ) says a golf course manager discovered the damage Tuesday morning. Police recovered a chain saw near one of the severed 30-foot trees.
The 18-hole Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx is owned by the city, but the Trump Organization maintains the contract to run it.
Advocates have objected to a proposal to extend the course into a 19½ acre waterfront area that had been earmarked for future public park land.
The Trump Organization says part of the land would become a wildlife sanctuary. It wants the redesign so major PGA tournaments could be held there.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action