MIAMI (AP) — A Florida teenager accused of tossing a 68-year-old woman into a pool during a party at an apartment complex is on house arrest.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/2pADrmt ) reports a judge on Tuesday ordered the 16-year-old to serve 21 days of house arrest. But he’s allowed to go to school, church and to travel with his basketball team.
The teen is charged as a juvenile with battery on a person over the age of 65. He’s shown on a video throwing Nancy James into the pool as she tried to break up a party near Fort Lauderdale that more than 200 teens showed up for on Saturday.
The teen turned himself into authorities on Monday. He faces another hearing in June.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Boxer LaMotta, immortalized in ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open