Three people facing charges in unreported Phoenix homicide from 2014
PHOENIX — Authorities said three people are facing charges in connection with a homicide case in Phoenix.
Phoenix police said detectives in Washington state recently contacted them about an unreported killing.
They said a suspect in custody in Whatcom County on an unrelated charge recently admitted to being involved in a December 2014 homicide in Phoenix and provided a location for the victim’s remains.
Police found the remains and identified the victim as 54-year-old Darren Van Eaton.
They said 48-year-old George Reed and 24-year-old Teniqua Reed allegedly withdrew money from Van Eaton’s bank account tied to his Social Security disability benefits.
Police said the Reeds have been arrested on suspicion of fraudulent schemes, theft-control property and credit card theft.
Phoenix police are now trying to extradite 23-year-old Craig Strong from Washington state.
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler