PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police in Pennsylvania are looking for a theft suspect who they say punched a police officer and jumped on top of a getaway car, riding to freedom on the vehicle’s hood.
Joseph Diperso is accused of stealing power tools from a Home Depot in suburban Philadelphia on Saturday. Police say an off-duty Philadelphia officer confronted him in the parking lot. They say Diperso punched the officer and fled by jumping on a car driven by an accomplice.
Police say the 26-year-old Diperso is a suspect in other nearby retail thefts. A warrant has been issued for his arrest. He’s charged with theft, assault and disorderly conduct.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open