BURBANK, Calif. (AP) — The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) on Tuesday reported fiscal second-quarter net income of $2.39 billion.
On a per-share basis, the Burbank, California-based company said it had profit of $1.50.
The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of nine analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $1.45 per share.
The entertainment company posted revenue of $13.34 billion in the period, which missed Street forecasts. Five analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $13.48 billion.
Disney shares have climbed 7.5 percent since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index has risen 7 percent. In the final minutes of trading on Tuesday, shares hit $112.03, a climb of slightly more than 6 percent in the last 12 months.
This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on DIS at https://www.zacks.com/ap/DIS
Keywords: Walt Disney, Earnings Report, Priority Earnings
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco