Main Street Minute: Scottsdale kart track adds virtual reality attraction
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Octane Raceway in Scottsdale is spending big bucks to enter the world of virtual reality. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the kart-racing facility will unveil a free-roam multiplayer VR arena, touted as the first in the western U.S. The addition is scheduled to open over Memorial Day weekend and cost $800,000.
• The Internal Revenue Service is accepting applications for 2018 low-income taxpayer clinic grants. The program awards matching grants of up to $100,000 per year to qualifying organizations to develop, expand or maintain a clinic. The application period runs through June 20.
• Tuesday is the last day to apply to be a Chandler police officer. Applications are available online.
- Golf Channel program to spotlight Scottsdale as a golf destination
- Olympian Michael Phelps lists Scottsdale-area home for $4.1 million
- Scottsdale tops list as the best city in America for renters
- Arizona MMA fighter pleads guilty to sexual assault of unconscious woman
- Arizona gas prices appear to be leveling off after months-long increase