CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia woman has been arrested after authorities say they found her children in enclosures similar to kennels.
The Charleston-Gazette Mail reports (http://bit.ly/2qX3uWU) 33-year-old Kristal Richard of Kanawha County is accused of locking 2- and 5-year-old boys in boxes made of tarp, plywood and mesh.
According to a criminal complaint, officers conducted a welfare check after receiving an anonymous tip. Troopers say they found the children naked in feces- and urine-ridden boxes.
Authorities say Richard admitted to placing the children in the box, and locking them in there for most of the day. The report states the children were placed with other family members.
Richard was charged with two counts of child neglect Monday. It’s unclear if she has an attorney.
Information from: The Charleston Gazette-Mail, http://wvgazettemail.com.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action