EASTON, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts college says a student studying abroad in Denmark has died after a vessel crashed into a boat carrying her and six classmates.
Stonehill College says Linsey Malia, of Easton, died in the crash on Saturday.
Study Abroad in Scandinavia, the foundation through which Malia had been studying, tells The Boston Globe that five other victims were treated and released from the hospital.
The North Easton school says Malia had spent the spring semester studying in Denmark and was expected to graduate next year.
Danish police have said they suspect that reckless driving by jet skiers in a Copenhagen harbor caused them to crash into the small boat that evening.
Police said two “visitors” were killed. Regional media identified the two victims as American women.
This story has been corrected to show it’s The Boston Globe, not Glove.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open