PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a chase in southeast Alabama ended with Phenix City police fatally shooting a man.
A statement from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency says the shooting occurred Sunday afternoon after a pursuit. It’s not clear what sparked the chase.
Witnesses tell WTVM-TV (http://bit.ly/2qSykie ) that diners inside a restaurant heard gunshots outside and ducked. Video from the scene shows a silver car with multiple bullet holes in the trunk and windows.
Coroner Buddy Bryan identifies the dead man as 27-year-old Cedric Mifflin, but authorities haven’t released any other information on him or the officers who were involved.
State police say they’re investigating at the request of Phenix City police and prosecutors.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights