Mulberry Fire near Vail has burned 1,750 acres
VAIL, Ariz. — A grass and brush fire near Vail in Pima County grew from 50 acres to 500 over the course of Saturday afternoon and as of Sunday morning was listed at 1,750 acres, according to the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management.
With more than 200 personnel working on the fire from the ground and the air, the fire is holding steady at 45 percent containment.
Multiple structures are threatened by the fire and Pima County Sheriff’s Office assisted with immediate evacuations. Those evacuations were lifted Sunday before noon, though there remains a no-fly zone around the fire.
One home and two other structures were lose, and Sonoita-Elgin Fire District reports the fire’s advancement has been stopped.
There was a request from fire officials to avoid the highway near the fire.
- Lawmaker: Lack of regulation on Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Poll reveals support for LGBT inclusion in Arizona non-discrimination law
- Arizona family to appear on ‘Family Feud’ next week
- Kansas man bloody, naked before officer shot him in northern Arizona