ST. LOUIS (AP) — A 9-year-old St. Louis County boy injured when the car he was in was struck during a police chase last month has died.
Police on Friday announced the death of Caleb Lee. Caleb, his 5-year-old brother, mother and aunt had just returned from Disney World on April 25 when an SUV fleeing police struck their car. Both women and Caleb’s brother were also hurt but survived.
The chase began when a Normandy, Missouri, officer saw an SUV commit a moving violation on Interstate 70 and realized it matched the description of an SUV taken during an armed robbery.
The SUV exited near the airport and struck the car.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood