Main Street Minute: Women’s health expo set for Mesa
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa is hosting a free women’s health and wellness expo this weekend. Women can get health screenings and receive tips to improve overall wellness. The expo runs Saturday from 8 a.m. until noon at the offices near U.S. 60 and Southern Avenue.
• Union Elementary School District in Tolleson is holding a job fair Saturday. The district is hiring for kindergarten-through-eighth grade full-time teachers and substitutes, transportation and food service positions. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. near 91st Avenue and Broadway Road.
• Pita Jungle is getting ready to open its 16th Valley location. The popular Mediterranean food restaurant will open a site in Queen Creek in June, just south of Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. The restaurant also wants to hire 100 part- and full-time employees.
- Construction jobs rise by 10 percent year-over-year in Phoenix
- Arizona among states with highest employment growth, report finds
- Amazon adds to Phoenix-area presence, moving 130 jobs from Seattle
- Celebrate National Donut Day with the Valley’s most drool-inducing treats
- Arizona among states in US with highest GDP growth