Main Street Minute: Women’s health expo set for Mesa
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa is hosting a free women’s health and wellness expo this weekend. Women can get health screenings and receive tips to improve overall wellness. The expo runs Saturday from 8 a.m. until noon at the offices near U.S. 60 and Southern Avenue.
• Union Elementary School District in Tolleson is holding a job fair Saturday. The district is hiring for kindergarten-through-eighth grade full-time teachers and substitutes, transportation and food service positions. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. near 91st Avenue and Broadway Road.
• Pita Jungle is getting ready to open its 16th Valley location. The popular Mediterranean food restaurant will open a site in Queen Creek in June, just south of Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. The restaurant also wants to hire 100 part- and full-time employees.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Zoo hiring full-timers in several departments
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Senate GOP musters final push to erase Obama health care law
- Main Street Minute: Popular Gilbert restaurant closes for remodeling
- Success of horror film ‘It’ has not affected Arizona’s clown business