PITTSBURGH (AP) — Officials say a 19-year-old student has died after he fell from a fifth-floor balcony at a Catholic university in Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh police say Carlow University student Dalton Bacco, of West View, died around 5 p.m. Wednesday at a local hospital.
University spokesman Drew Wilson says the fall from the balcony of the University Commons building to the pavement occurred shortly before 4:30 p.m. No other information was immediately available.
University and Pittsburgh police are investigating. Wilson says this is finals week at the university, which has about 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights