TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The mother of a 4-year-old autistic boy says she believes a police officer who rescued her son from a Topeka, Kansas, pond was sent by God.
Officer Aaron Bulmer rescued Elijah Hamby from a Central Park pond Sunday. Bulmer was on another call when he saw Elijah walking alone in the park and then lost sight of him. He got out of his car and saw Elijah in the pond, gasping for air.
Video from a bodycam worn by Bulmer shows the officer jumping into the pond, pulling the boy out and handing him to another man.
Elijah’s mother, Jaclyn, said Wednesday her son unlocked a back door while his father was in the bathroom and she was at work.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2oYhTVh ) Elijah has fully recovered.
Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, http://www.cjonline.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Car chase down Interstate 10 ends south of Phoenix, driver in custody
- Police say Gilbert man killed wife, attempted to cover it up