Emma Stone sends corsage, boutonniere to Phoenix teen who asked her to prom
PHOENIX — Movie star Emma Stone may have turned down a Phoenix teenager’s invitation to prom, but she was there in spirit this past weekend.
Stone sent Jacob Staudenmaier a boutonniere to wear to the big dance, along with a corsage for his date.
The Scottsdale native included a hand-written note that said: “Jacob, A little something for you and your lucky date tomorrow. Have a great time! Much love, Emma Stone.”
Staudenmaier’s invitation went viral several weeks ago. He invited Stone to the prom by making a video that recreated the entire first scene of the Oscar-winning “La La Land” — Stone starred in the film and won her first Academy Award for her performance — but with a couple of twists.
The most notable is that Staudenmaier rewrote the movie’s opening song with lyrics about himself and taking Stone to prom. Our favorite line was about taking the actress to dinner while someone walks by with an Olive Garden sign in the background.
In addition to showing off his wit, Staudenmaier made the point that the event is being held in Stone’s hometown.
Stone had to turn down the invitation because she was working. However, sending Staudenmaier flowers still makes her the belle of the ball in our eyes.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports