TAKOMA PARK, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a man about to enter a hospital in Maryland changed his mind, got into a car and drove over a police officer’s foot.
News outlets quote Takoma Park police spokeswoman Cathy Plevy as saying that the man — already dressed in a hospital gown — locked himself in a relative’s car. Relatives summoned police and when the man took off, he drove over an officer’s foot.
Plevy says the man went to his home in Washington and climbed up to the attic. She says when officers arrived, he fell through the ceiling and on top of one of them.
Plevy says the man was treated for cuts and bruises and was returned to the hospital. The reports didn’t say what condition the officers were in.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action