LOS ANGELES (AP) — TNT has temporarily shut down production of its drama, “The Last Ship,” while star Eric Dane battles depression.
Variety reports the series is going on production hiatus through Memorial Day. The publication reports a representative for Dane says the actor suffers from depression and asked for a few weeks of downtime.
TNT spokesman Scott Radloff confirmed the Variety report to The Associated Press.
“The Last Ship” is set to return for a fourth season this summer. Dane plays Tom Chandler, the captain of a U.S. Navy destroyer at sea after a global catastrophe wiped out most of the world’s population.
Dane previously starred as “McSteamy” Dr. Mark Sloan on “Grey’s Anatomy.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump pressing GOP senators to act on new health proposal
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Zoo hiring full-timers in several departments
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Linkin Park dedicates music video to Phoenix native Chester Bennington
- Senate GOP musters final push to erase Obama health care law