NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Police in Connecticut say a man fatally shot his adult daughter before taking his own life.
Norwalk police say friends of 33-year-old Melissa Wilkinson went to her apartment after becoming concerned when she did not show up for a Sunday night shift at work.
Police say the friends called authorities after finding Wilkinson lying in a pool of blood on the floor and her father, 55-year-old Mark Wilkinson, sitting on a couch armed with a gun and mumbling to himself.
Police say a standoff with Mark Wilkinson ended at about 7 a.m. Monday when officers heard a single gunshot and found the father dead in the apartment.
Several neighbors were evacuated and others were told to stay in their homes.
Police say both daughter and father were shot in the head.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights