HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities say a man fatally shot his girlfriend in Houston, firing at her repeatedly while at least one of her children watched.
Harris County sheriff’s Sgt. Greg Pinkins says the shooting Sunday caused other nearby children to flee, running “out of their shoes.”
Pinkins says the 32-year-old woman was arguing with the man in an apartment before she left, taking her three children.
She was in the passenger seat of a car with her 11-year-old child in the back when the 31-year-old man shot her.
Pinkins says another of the woman’s children called 911 and that the gunman surrendered. He is being held at the Harris County jail. Authorities have not released his name.
Pinkins says the suspect is the father of one of the children.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood