WACO, Texas (AP) — HGTV star Chip Gaines is speaking out on Twitter about a lawsuit filed against him by his former business partners.
Gaines is being sued in state court in Texas for $1 million by his former partners in a real estate company. They say he bought them out before telling them that HGTV had decided to broadcast his “Fixer Upper” show nationally.
Gaines spoke out on Twitter Saturday , writing that no one called or emailed him about the issue, adding “‘friends’ reach out via lawsuit.. humm.” He also added a bible quote, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
Gaines’ attorney tells KWTX-TV that he’s “confident that these claims will be found to be meritless.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood