Chandler police looking into possible attempted kidnapping of little girl
PHOENIX — Police are looking into the possible attempted kidnapping of a 5-year-old Chandler girl, an official said.
Chandler Police Department Sgt. Daniel Mejia said the girl told police she was walking with an 11-year-old girl when a man in a black van or SUV tried to grab the younger child.
The incident happened near Elliot Road and the Loop 101.
The man is described as being about 5-foot-10. No other details about the man were given.
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Man pleaded guilty to 2017 kidnapping of 94-year-old woman in Scottsdale
- Two Phoenix officers injured after altercation in 7-11 parking lot
- Manufacturing company completes move into Chandler facility