Chandler police looking into possible attempted kidnapping of little girl
PHOENIX — Police are looking into the possible attempted kidnapping of a 5-year-old Chandler girl, an official said.
Chandler Police Department Sgt. Daniel Mejia said the girl told police she was walking with an 11-year-old girl when a man in a black van or SUV tried to grab the younger child.
The incident happened near Elliot Road and the Loop 101.
The man is described as being about 5-foot-10. No other details about the man were given.
- One killed, two injured in west Phoenix shooting, police say
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Scottsdale woman found safe
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Car chase down Interstate 10 ends south of Phoenix, driver in custody