PHOENIX — Police in a Phoenix suburb said Wednesday morning they have arrested a suspect in an online threat made about an elementary school.
Chandler authorities said a 14-year-old boy was in custody after a post appeared on the social media app Snapchat that included references to a plan to to harm himself at Santan Elementary.
Classes were scheduled as normal but school district officials notified parents at the school and Santan Junior High by email that extra police would be stationed on campus for the day.
Santan Elementary is near Chandler Heights and Cooper roads.
KTAR’s Kathy Cline contributed to this report.
- Phoenix ranks second for software engineers to make a living
- Arizona monsoon storms less common but ‘more extreme,’ study says
- 12-hour flash flood watch issued for 5 counties in northern Arizona
- Paradise Valley golf course earns prestigious award
- Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers to open four more Valley spots