Main Street Minute: Valley school district hiring teachers
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Maricopa County Regional School District is hosting a job fair Saturday in Phoenix. It runs from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the district offices near 35th Avenue and Indian School Road. The district is hiring teachers, teachers in training, a business manager and special educators, among others.
• Benchmark Electronics has announced plans to move its headquarters to the Valley. The Texas-based engineering, design and electronics manufacturing company hasn’t decided exactly where it will set up shop, but the move is expected to create more than 500 jobs over the next five years.
• There are some new high-end Phoenix townhomes ready for move-in. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Novella at Arcadia has opened near 36th Street and Camelback Road. Prices start around $500,000.
- Teachers kick off march on Capitol as walkout begins
- Here is the latest news regarding Arizona’s classroom crisis
- Arizona lawmaker explains role in potential lawsuit over teacher walkout
- Arizona lawmakers haggle over funding before teacher strike
- Q&A: How walkout by Arizona teachers is expected to play out