Honk if you see geese amble across Glendale freeway
PHOENIX — Why did the geese cross the road? We have no idea, but they chose a busy Phoenix-area freeway during Friday morning rush hour for their unknown quest.
A pair of geese took a dicey walk on Loop 101 near 67th Avenue in Glendale, slowing traffic and puzzling commuters for a few minutes.
The Arizona Department of Transportation noted the geese arrival around 7 a.m. The waterfowl with the curious attraction to asphalt made their journey safely across westbound lanes.
There is an obvious pun here but never mind.
- Authorities suspect Arizona inmate’s death to be a homicide
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections