PHOENIX — Why did the geese cross the road? We have no idea, but they chose a busy Phoenix-area freeway during Friday morning rush hour for their unknown quest.
A pair of geese took a dicey walk on Loop 101 near 67th Avenue in Glendale, slowing traffic and puzzling commuters for a few minutes.
The Arizona Department of Transportation noted the geese arrival around 7 a.m. The waterfowl with the curious attraction to asphalt made their journey safely across westbound lanes.
There is an obvious pun here but never mind.
- Deaths of 2 at Phoenix-area retirement community could be heat-related
- Prosecutors use Joe Arpaio’s immigration talk against him
- Mesa mayor joins national calls for changes to Senate health care bill
- Nearly 200 possible opioid overdoses reported in Arizona last week
- Arizona monsoon still at least a week away as heat lingers