Honk if you see geese amble across Glendale freeway
PHOENIX — Why did the geese cross the road? We have no idea, but they chose a busy Phoenix-area freeway during Friday morning rush hour for their unknown quest.
A pair of geese took a dicey walk on Loop 101 near 67th Avenue in Glendale, slowing traffic and puzzling commuters for a few minutes.
The Arizona Department of Transportation noted the geese arrival around 7 a.m. The waterfowl with the curious attraction to asphalt made their journey safely across westbound lanes.
There is an obvious pun here but never mind.
- Here is the latest news regarding Arizona’s classroom crisis
- At least 31 people sickened by E. coli, linked to lettuce grown in Arizona
- Could climate change be ruining the taste of your favorite craft beer?
- Applications for fall hunts now being accepted by Arizona Game and Fish
- Eastern Arizona wildfire continues to grow, now burned 21,000-plus acres