Legendary bands Earth, Wind & Fire, Chic announce Phoenix stop on upcoming tour
PHOENIX — It’s time to get your groove on, Phoenix: Legendary band Earth, Wind & Fire has announced it will make a stop in the Valley on its upcoming tour.
The band will be joined by another classic act — Chic featuring Nile Rodgers — at the July 18 show at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix.
“There was a time when we could only dream of seeing Earth, Wind & Fire live, now we get the honor of sharing the stage together,” Rodgers said in a press release. “Get your feet ready for a deluge of hits.”
The audience at 2054 The Tour will certainly have a chance to get their feet moving. The show will include a special guest DJ who has yet to be announced and a specialized area in the front of the stage so people can get up and dance.
Both Rodgers and Earth, Wind & Fire have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and have a slew of No. 1 hits between them.
Tickets for the Phoenix show will be available for American Express cardholders through a presale on April 24 at 10 a.m.
The general public will be able to purchase them on April 28 at 10 a.m.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend