NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Country music star Dierks Bentley has been nominated to serve on the governing board that oversees the Nashville International Airport.
The Tennessean reported that Mayor Meghan Barry recently chose Bentley to fill the latest vacancy on the Nashville Airport Authority’s board of directors.
The Arizona native rose to the top of the charts in 2014 with the song “Drunk on a Plane.”
Barry said in a statement that Bentley will bring a “unique perspective” to the board. Bentley is a Nashville resident and a pilot himself.
The Metro Council will vote on the appointment next month. The volunteer position receives no compensation.
The airport authority sets policy and votes on capital-spending at both the city’s main airport and the John C. Tune Airport.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- And the award goes to … Phoenix named highest-performing city in the nation
- Tempe sex offender in hiding after cutting off tracking device
- Burglars in Phoenix drive away with inflatable obstacle course
- Yarnell residents propose shuttle service for Granite Mountain Hotshot memorial park
- Arizona YMCA to launch program to teach children, parents water safety skills