Taking a look back at the storied career of Pat McMahon
Pat McMahon has been a fixture in Arizona media for over 50 years.
During that time, he has done it all. A generation of children and their parents knew him from the incredible range of memorable characters whose roles he invented and performed on the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” over three decades.
He’s done television news and weather. When I came to the Valley in 1979, he dominated midday Phoenix talk radio with a three-hour block on KTAR.
This week, McMahon shares titbits from his fascinating career and we get his take on some of the many important and memorable figures he has interviewed, including Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, rock stars Gene Simmons and Alice Cooper, Mother Theresa and a very young Steven Spielberg.
Who was the most memorable? The smartest? The meanest?
The list is impressive, but the stories are never as fascinating as when Pat McMahon tells them.
The Think Tank
- Arizona legend Pat McMahon drops by this week’s Think Tank
- Think Tank examines role of diet in how to live healthy life
- Think Tank goes to Cuba and brings back firsthand observations
- Political consultants join Think Tank to dissect Democratic debate
- Impeachment? Think Tank considers legal and political aspects