LOS ANGELES (AP) — Court records show singer and television personality Mel B has filed for divorce from her husband of nearly 10 years.
The former Spice Girl, whose real name is Melanie Brown, cited irreconcilable differences for her breakup from producer Stephen Belafonte. Her petition was filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
They have a 5-year-old daughter together and Brown is seeking joint custody.
Brown and Belafonte married in July 2007. She listed Dec. 28 as the date they separated. Brown, who is a judge on “America’s Got Talent,” is asking a judge to deny spousal support to Belafonte.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out