PHOENIX — Several Phoenix-area schools were put on lockdown for a short time Monday while police searched the area for a robbery suspect.
The Chandler and Tempe police departments were searching near Rural Road and Chandler Boulevard for at least one person suspected of robbing a man at gunpoint.
The Kyrene School District said Aprende Middle School, Pueblo Middle School, Brisas Elementary School, Paloma Elementary School, Mirada Elementary School and Kyrene Traditional School were all placed on modified lockdown.
During the modified lockdown, school doors are locked and no one is allowed to enter or leave campus.
The lockdown was in place for about an hour. It was lifted just after 11 a.m.
Police said the robbery occurred near Baseline Road and Mill Avenue. The three suspects allegedly took various items along with the victim’s car.
The victim recognized one of the suspects and, when he went to the suspect’s Chandler residence, the victim saw his stolen car at the home.
The victim was not injured.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain