Driver killed after smashing into section of Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Two Valley teens to compete in National Music Theatre Awards
- Dehydrated hiker airlifted off Camelback Mountain in Phoenix
- Poll: More than half of Arizonans likely to support sports betting
- Phoenix water park offering heroes free admission Memorial Day weekend
- Nightly closures of I-17 in northern Arizona to begin Tuesday