PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Ann Kirkpatrick announces another run for Congress in Arizona
- Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton praises bipartisanship of US city leaders
- Wrong-way driver dies on Scottsdale freeway
- Freeway restrictions in place this weekend on I-10 and I-17 in Phoenix
- Small-format Target store opens on Camelback Road in Phoenix