PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Rollover crash closes northbound Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Former Joe Arpaio underling testifies against him in Phoenix court
- ASU’s Michael Crow earns $1.5M, tops among public college presidents
- Rural Arizona highways have one of nation’s highest fatality rates
- Mormon church announces closure of Mesa Temple for renovation