Driver killed after smashing into section of Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Authorities suspect Arizona inmate’s death to be a homicide
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections