Driver killed after smashing into section of Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- This jelly bean flavor is the favorite for Arizona candy lovers
- Southwest Cajun Fest brings Louisiana flavor to Chandler Park
- Campfire restrictions begin for parts of Coconino National Forest
- WalletHub: Arizona considered one of the worst in terms of child healthcare
- Semi rolls over, accident closes Interstate 17 at Loop 101