PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio
- Confederate monument along Arizona highway damaged overnight
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set