Deputies find Peoria marijuana operation, seize $22,000 in plants and drugs
Maricopa County Sheriffs seized more than $22,000 in marijuana plants and drugs after serving a search warrant in Peoria, the sheriff’s office announced in a release Sunday.
A 911 call from a man asking from help led to the sheriffs discovering a marijuana grow operation at a home. After drafting and serving a search warrant at the house on 89th Avenue near Deer Valley Road, three men were arrested.
Deputies also found 105 grams of heroin, 350 grams of meth along with the marijuana.
One man, 36-year-old Duane Bearden, admitted to having the 22 marijuana plants and was booked on charges of cultivation of marijuana, weapons misconduct, possession of marijuana, sales of dangerous drugs and possession of drugs.
- Southwest Cannabis Conference and Expo returns to Phoenix this weekend
- Man allegedly forced to eat marijuana sues Phoenix, police
- Police received report of erratic student with weapon
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- ASU seeking medical marijuana users to participate in paid study