PHOENIX — The downtown Phoenix area has been in need of another grocery store and one real estate dealmaker is looking to make it happen according to Phoenix Business Journal.
Larry Ortega is marketing a 1.68-acre area at First Avenue and McKinley Street for a value of $6.2 million.
The space, according to Ortega, could be used for 405 apartments, 82,000 square feet of office space and 20,000 square feet of rental, but he told Phoenix Business Journal he specifically has one goal down as bringing a new grocery store to the area.
The space is being called First McKinley. If the area were to add a grocery store, it would be of great service to those in apartments and condos at Roosevelt Row and McKinley Street.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- Artist of anti-Trump billboard in Phoenix says she’s received death threats
- Sprouts, Albertsons grocery stores could be in talks to merge
- Billboard depicting Trump, Nazi-like symbols, explosions posted in Phoenix
- Country star Keith Urban to headline NCAA Final Four’s Phoenix block party
- Legally Speaking: Lawsuit could change how downtown Phoenix is developed