Seeing green: Phoenix-area fountain goes green for St. Patrick’s Day
PHOENIX — It’s a St. Patrick’s Day tradition like no other: A large fountain in Fountain Hills, Arizona, has been dyed green to celebrate the Irish holiday.
For residents of Fountain Hills, this is nothing new, but the tradition still catches the eye of residents and visitors alike.
This St. Patrick’s Day was a little bit different for Fountain Hills residents because the town celebrated the holiday without its annual festival, which typically features Irish music, food and drinks.
For those who are looking to visit the fountain and get a taste of what Fountain Hills has to offer, the town will be holding the Fountain O’Green Artisan Market through Sunday.
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’
- Ducey touts unemployment rate, education at Tempe campaign event
- Arizona ballot initiative proponents unfazed by ‘millionaire’s tax’ ruling
- Hearing on solar, wind energy project in Arizona, New Mexico wraps up
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores