Seeing green: Phoenix-area fountain goes green for St. Patrick’s Day
PHOENIX — It’s a St. Patrick’s Day tradition like no other: A large fountain in Fountain Hills, Arizona, has been dyed green to celebrate the Irish holiday.
For residents of Fountain Hills, this is nothing new, but the tradition still catches the eye of residents and visitors alike.
This St. Patrick’s Day was a little bit different for Fountain Hills residents because the town celebrated the holiday without its annual festival, which typically features Irish music, food and drinks.
For those who are looking to visit the fountain and get a taste of what Fountain Hills has to offer, the town will be holding the Fountain O’Green Artisan Market through Sunday.
- Here is the latest news regarding Arizona’s classroom crisis
- At least 31 people sickened by E. coli, linked to lettuce grown in Arizona
- Could climate change be ruining the taste of your favorite craft beer?
- Applications for fall hunts now being accepted by Arizona Game and Fish
- Eastern Arizona wildfire continues to grow, now burned 21,000-plus acres