PHOENIX — As temperatures continue to climb, many snowbirds are getting ready to leave the Valley and return to their cooler climates.
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance is asking those winter visitors to clean out their pantries before they leave and, if they have any items they don’t want, to consider donating them.
“This is a great chance to clean out your pantry, drop off that food and get it to folks who need it,” Jerry Brown with Saint Mary’s Food Bank said
From March 20 to April 21, St. Mary’s will have food drive boxes set up at both their Phoenix and Surprise locations.
“We’re looking for things like peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables, canned tunas and proteins — pretty much anything in your pantry that’s unopened,” Brown said.
Thirteen Culver’s restaurants in the Valley are also joining the food drive in setting up drop-off locations. Anyone who brings five or more items will receive a voucher for a free scoop of ice cream or a dish of frozen custard.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- UA College of Pharmacy receives more than $12 million toward expansion, renovation
- Renovation begins on telescope used in Pluto discovery
- Too many ignore those bells: Salvation Army donations down in Arizona
- Generous donations make for another successful Caring for Kids event
- Website lists Arizona as least charitable state in country