Main Street Minute: Kneaders opens bakery in north Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Kneaders is opening a store in north Phoenix this weekend. The first 100 customers through the doors Saturday will get a free order of the chain’s famous chunky cinnamon French toast. The new bakery-cafe is near 12th Street and Bell Road.
• Allied Universal Security is holding a job fair Saturday near Sky Harbor Airport. The event from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Radisson Phoenix Airport near 44th and Van Buren streets. Allied is hiring experienced security professionals to work transit throughout the Valley. Applications are being accepted online.
• Grabbagreen is celebrating a grand opening in the East Valley on Friday. The casual food-plus-juice restaurant has started serving in Gilbert near Loop 202 and Gilbert Road.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend