KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Kneaders is opening a store in north Phoenix this weekend. The first 100 customers through the doors Saturday will get a free order of the chain’s famous chunky cinnamon French toast. The new bakery-cafe is near 12th Street and Bell Road.
• Allied Universal Security is holding a job fair Saturday near Sky Harbor Airport. The event from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Radisson Phoenix Airport near 44th and Van Buren streets. Allied is hiring experienced security professionals to work transit throughout the Valley. Applications are being accepted online.
• Grabbagreen is celebrating a grand opening in the East Valley on Friday. The casual food-plus-juice restaurant has started serving in Gilbert near Loop 202 and Gilbert Road.
- Disney confirms animatronic Trump to go on display at Florida park
- Main Street Minute: Education company hosting 2-day job fair
- Arizona to receive funding from HUD for home hazard protection
- Phoenix ties record for consecutive days of 112 degrees or hotter
- Live blog: Temperatures continue to drop in Phoenix but 100-plus stays