Phoenix police arrest teen suspects in carjacking, shooting
PHOENIX — Two teenagers were taken into custody Friday morning as the main suspects in an attempted carjacking in Phoenix and a shooting in Glendale.
Police were searching for a third suspect, who managed to escape after the shooting, during which a young man sitting in a car was hurt by gunfire that came from the SUV that the owner had reported stolen.
The shooting victim’s injuries were not life threatening,
Authorities said the car was taken by force around 1 a.m. from a park near 55th Avenue and Osborn Road.
A short time later, police in Glendale were told about gunfire.
Two of the teens, 16 and 17, were caught near 67th Avenue and Indian School Road, where they got out of the SUV and ran.
The third suspect drove off. The abandoned SUV was found near 107th Avenue and Camelback Road.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police looking for information about murders in 1998, 2001
- Phoenix police arrest doctor for allegedly pointing gun at protesters
- Driver claiming to have bomb leads police on chase from Tucson Airport
- Arizona high school to no longer allow students to carry backpacks
- Marshall Islands president applauds arrest in Arizona adoptions case