Phoenix police arrest teen suspects in carjacking, shooting
PHOENIX — Two teenagers were taken into custody Friday morning as the main suspects in an attempted carjacking in Phoenix and a shooting in Glendale.
Police were searching for a third suspect, who managed to escape after the shooting, during which a young man sitting in a car was hurt by gunfire that came from the SUV that the owner had reported stolen.
The shooting victim’s injuries were not life threatening,
Authorities said the car was taken by force around 1 a.m. from a park near 55th Avenue and Osborn Road.
A short time later, police in Glendale were told about gunfire.
Two of the teens, 16 and 17, were caught near 67th Avenue and Indian School Road, where they got out of the SUV and ran.
The third suspect drove off. The abandoned SUV was found near 107th Avenue and Camelback Road.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Uber driver says she used stun gun on male rider who groped her
- Chandler police using Neighbors app to crack down on crimes
- Phoenix-based grocer Sprouts to hold hiring events next week
- Glendale police officer shoots suspect in west Phoenix
- Matt’s Big Breakfast, Portillo’s coming to Glendale next year