Westbound US 60 in Phoenix area to be closed overnight this week for construction
PHOENIX — Late-night drivers heading through the heart of Phoenix’s East Valley this week will have to find another route as westbound US 60 will be closed for two overnight projects.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the westbound US 60 will be closed between Greenfield Road and Val Vista Drive from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday for the installation of traffic-flow sensors.
The westbound on-ramps at Higley Road will also be closed at this time.
The westbound side of the freeway will be closed again on Wednesday and Thursday nights between Val Vista Drive and Gilbert Road.
The lanes will be closed between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. for the installation of traffic-flow sensors.
The westbound on-ramp at Greenfield Road will also be closed at this time.
Drivers looking to avoid the closure can exit one mile before and use either Baseline Road or Southern Avenue.
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise
- Crews fully contain 377 Fire in northeast-central Arizona