Westbound US 60 in Phoenix area to be closed overnight this week for construction
PHOENIX — Late-night drivers heading through the heart of Phoenix’s East Valley this week will have to find another route as westbound US 60 will be closed for two overnight projects.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the westbound US 60 will be closed between Greenfield Road and Val Vista Drive from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday for the installation of traffic-flow sensors.
The westbound on-ramps at Higley Road will also be closed at this time.
The westbound side of the freeway will be closed again on Wednesday and Thursday nights between Val Vista Drive and Gilbert Road.
The lanes will be closed between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. for the installation of traffic-flow sensors.
The westbound on-ramp at Greenfield Road will also be closed at this time.
Drivers looking to avoid the closure can exit one mile before and use either Baseline Road or Southern Avenue.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend